Many thanks to the parents who attended the meetings held last week and for people who emailed in their thoughts. We really want to work with parents to make the school the best that it can be for the children.
We talked about the new vision for the school and discussed the following:
- How successfully we tackle bullying as a school
- The format of reports
- How well parental concerns and issues are addressed
- Fund raising
- Before and after school provision
The main conclusions reached were:
- The newsletter does not need to be printed and could be shared electronically.
- Sometimes the information shared needs to be more detailed so that people who are new to the school can better understand how things work.
- Boith staff and parents want expectations for uniform wearing and smartness to be higher.
- It was agreed that the children should wear the colour of their house for PE rather than a white t shirt. This makes inter-house competitions easier and we can see that the children have definitely changed into their kit.
The PowerPoint shared at the meetings is available to see in the Visions and Values section of the PowerPoint.