Principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage
A unique child:
• Every child is a unique, competent learner.
• Children develop in individual ways and at varying rates.
• Children’s attitudes are fluid and can be influenced by others.
• Children learn to be strong, independent individuals by developing secure relationships with teachers and peers alike.
• Relationships with parents and carers are also important and will be nurtured and developed.
• Any relationship will be respectful, caring and professional.
• The learning and play environments are vital for supporting and extending a child’s development.
• In the classroom and outdoor environment, we continually observe and assess the children’s development, learning and interests.
• Based on these continual observations, suitably challenging activities and experiences are planned to extend every child’s learning and achievement.
Learning and development:
• Weston-on-Trent C. of E. (Aided) Primary is organised in a way that encourages children to explore and learn safely.
• There are areas for activities and play, and others for quiet time and rest.
• The setting is designed to enable children to learn and play independently.